Better Health And Wellness Results
What Is A "Wellness" Program?
A physician named Halbert L. Dunn was the first to use the term wellness in his small booklet titled, "High Level Wellness in the year 1961. He perceived wellness as an approach to gain elevated states of psychological and physical well-being. He described wellness as a disciplined approach towards personal mastery.
It is difficult to define wellness but we can say that it is the first choice to take responsibility to include quality in life. It starts with a conscious decision that helps to shape a good lifestyle. Wellness is a predisposition, a mindset to choose a series of good and effective principles in different aspects and areas of life, which lead to extreme levels of well-being and provide satisfaction in life.
The effect of this focus is a wellness mindset acts as a shield against temptations to make excuses, blaming others and so on at the time of difficulties in life. It is another option for dependency on drugs and doctors to mediocrity, boredom, self-pity, slothfulness, mediocrity and complacency.
Many people endorsing wellness perceive wellness as a part of a philosophy, which requires abiding by many principles required for good health. The areas of .life such as self-responsibility, fitness, stress management, reasoning, nutrition, meaning and purpose, emotional intelligence, humor and even nutrition are the most closely areas that are affected by wellness.
However, do not confuse wellness with other meanings of the term used commonly. For instance, do not confuse wellness with health insurance. This is because the latter can provide you with security and help you to deal with your illness but cannot make you well.
Studies indicate that the person who achieve wellness possess the following qualities at high degree
- A sense of purpose and a foundation philosophy
- Plenty fun of life and a good sense of humor
- A positive outlook towards life and a high self-esteem
- Good amount of commitment towards excellence in life
- High levels of personal responsibility
- An integrated lifestyle or a sense of balance
- Capacity to deal with whatever the life has to offer and having an ability to learn from life
- Grounded in reality
- Ability to nurture and a capacity to love
- Physically fit and sound and highly conditioned
- A respect for the well-being of the environment and a concern for others
- Independent of negative addictions
One important thing to note is that it is never late to begin to lead a wellness lifestyle regardless of your age.